Wednesday 9 November 2011

Initial Concept Sketch

Here is a sketch I did, with the conceptual aesthetics.

From the criteria, and it's function, it needs to stand out and differentiate it's function from the existing train station. However, I think I have over scaled it a tad, or a lot!

Jane, my tutor seems to think that instead of a massive entity that you can't help but be awed in its presence, but more of a scaled down, responsive to context installtion. And I happen to agree. I think I was more preoccupied with doing something that was grand in scale, as I thought it was the best way to create presence and identity.
Obviously I was completely disregarding the scale of the town itself and the requirements.

While i think an angular and geometric design is appropriate for the area, I think I will develop something a little more streamlined and appropriate to the function, as opposed to creating spaces that I don't actually need.

No comments:

Post a Comment